Saturday, September 17, 2011

Had a C-Section Delivery and Feeling Frustrated

DSC_0052

I have set my mind to a normal delivery and in fact, I have been viewing Lamaze birthing class on my laptop to help me with my breathing.

Yes, I was able to overcome the pains of labor. In fact, my mother-in-law and grandma-in-law who were with me at the labor room thought it would still be several hours before the delivery because I was looking okay.

But a few minutes before my OB said I was 3-4 cm dilated, I was then advised to go to the delivery room. She said I was fully dilated.

DSC_0005

Now the sad part is, 2 hrs in the delivery room and no baby was coming out.

Cervix fully dilated, no crowning after 2 hrs and baby’s heartbeat started to go down.

My OB suggested a caesarian section delivery but I asked her what other options I have. I am still feeling okay and in fact, I still want to pursue a normal vaginal delivery.

She said I could squat. So I did.

But no baby was coming out. We had no other options left.

She asked the nurse to let my mother-in-law (who is by the way an acquaintance of the OB) and my hubby in. Told them we have no other options. The baby’s heartbeat is going down and there’s no progress with the descent of the baby.

So I was wheeled to the operating room. I did not even notice how the anesthesia was given, all I knew was that, I was feeling very cold and my hands were shaking.

After a few minutes, I was given a quick glimpse of the baby and I was stitched up.

The minute I was wheeled to my room, I was not able to stop my tears. I have never been so frustrated like this in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top