Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Home Pregnancy Test: Making Me More Anxious

 

27, 26, 29, 29, 29, 24, 29. . . .

 

I have been keeping track of my menstrual cycle length since I went to the OB for the fertility treatments and when i saw a 29-day pattern, i thought my first period in the year 2011 would fall on January 1 or at most January 3.

 

But it’s been 5 days after the first day of the year, and there’s no sign of menstruation. However, i have been feeling breast tenderness and soreness, my tummy feels like bloating and i have been having frequent trips to the bathroom, but these signs are not foreign to me since i was on fertility pill way back in June. and i always had my period after.

 

This time, I was anxious. Hubby was also anxious, and so i told him to drop by at the drugstore and get me some Home Pregnancy Test kits.

 

It was 6 o’clock in the evening when i tried the HPT. I know, it wasn’t the best time to do the test but just to put our minds at peace, i did it anyway…. but the results made us more anxious.

 

01052011708

  01052011702

  01052011704

 

A faint line! My, oh my. Although I have read somewhere that faint lines are considered positive, I still want to see those bright red line so I can be sure.

 

I have been having frequent trips to the bathroom the whole day, and have been drinking a lot of water, so the urine sample could have been diluted, thus the faint lines.

 

But we have to rest our minds for now and do another home pregnancy test first thing in the morning tomorrow to make sure that we really have that BIG FAT POSITIVE for the year 2011!

 

Lord God, may this be truly positive! I love you Lord!

 

 

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Congrats! Are those dollar tree tests? Must say I had the softest line on them for a whole week after being pregnant, they're definitely cheap tests. I'm sure if you used a FRER or Answer it'd be very dark in the morning. I'm wishing you well and a very sticky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krystal. I think the urine sample i had is also diluted as i did the HPT at 6 p.m.. i did another test first thing in the morning and indeed, a darker red positive line appeared. i'm excited to see the ultrasound a few weeks from now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top