Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Recount of the Days Leading to the BFP

 

 

Dec 17 – had a bad cough since the other week!!! ovulation most probably occurred. this is a Friday, so most probably, i was busy working in front of my computer.

 

sperm at this time could have reached the egg. he must have been jumping with joy that he finally reached his destination…even if he swims slow.

 

Dec 18 – still busy catching up with work. pleasantly surprised to receive a call that a good friend got a big fat positive at 37. i was oozing with hope!

 

Dec 19– meet up with former officemates for a reunion. Two of my former officemates are pregnant at this time!!!

 

Dec 20 - busy with work, trying to finish everything off before the long Christmas break.

 

Dec 22- had painful urination and got blood on my urine! My oh My! UTI? not again! went to the Doc and he gave me the antibiotic Ciprofloxacin. He asked if i was pregnant, i told him, i am not sure! I told him i am into fertility treatment and wanting to get pregnant. He asked about my last menstrual period and he said, you probably are not pregnant! grrrrr! he also gave me anti-histamine for my cough.

 

Took the antibiotic for 5 days. did not take the antihistamine though.

 

Dec 24 – traveled early to hubby’s hometown for the Christmas break. There’s not much activity for Christmas. Dear hubby is sound asleep…and everyone else as well. The thought of home suddenly came into me. I wished I was at home that very moment and i wanted to cry!

 

no signs of cough slowing down, so i started to pop in the antihistamine too!

 

Dec 25 – Went to church at 9am. Then back to my National Geographic marathon! (yeah, that boring…)

 

Dec 26 – Went out at night with DH’s siblings and cousin for a karaoke session. I drank 1 bottle of beer and my face was red all over!

 

Dec 27 – Took the ferry heading to my hometown.

 

Dec 28 – When we arrived home, my dear father eagerly told us there’s some faith healer who has a good record in healing infertile couples. My cousin and one of our neighbors are said to have conceived after being seen by her. He called the healer and asked her if she can come home at 3 o’clock. She did.

 

Palm reading followed. She also massaged my back, my hands, my butt and the back of my legs. For all i know, i was already pregnant this time! Glad she did not lay a finger on my tummy!

 

Dec 30 – second massage session happened. The healer did the same massage thing to me and to hubby.

 

Dec 31 – New Year’s Eve was a blast! Although it was raining, there was a lot of eating! Glad i haven’t seen any alcohol that night!

 

Jan 1 – Went swimming. I climb a lot of stairs and rode on a bumpy road for minutes going to the resort!! i was thinking about my period that is to arrive today.

 

Jan 2 – Meet up with the healer again for the third session. The same massage thing. She gave us Moringa capsules which are said to boost fertility. She did not mention if I am pregnant or not, but I am at this time!

 

3-hour bus ride and overnight boat ride back to our very own home. Sometimes i would help hubby carry the heavy bag we were lugging around.

 

The seas are very very rough during the trip, i ended vomiting for hours! DH went to the ferry’s clinic and the Doc gave him Placil for me to take. i pop it right away. Another pill!

 

Jan 3 – arrived Home very early in the morning and it’s raining! My period seemed to forget me now, but i haven’t forgotten it!

 

Got cramping in my tummy, so i thought it’s coming. But it disappeared.

 

Jan 4 – still no sign of period.

 

Jan 5 – still no sign. We were both anxious. I told hubby to drop by at the drugstore and get some Home Pregnancy Test so we can have peace of mind. At 6 p.m., we got a faint positive line. It made us more restless!.

 

Jan 6 – 5 o’clock early in the morning, we got a very clear Big Fat Positive!

 

went to the OB to check if all those antibiotics and medications i took matter to my baby. she said it probably won’t, as it was taken at a very early stage. Doc said i just have to get good doses of vitamins to make sure.

 

i was relieved.

 

Jan 7 – i don't know what has gotten into us but we did another home pregnancy test. Still very clear positive line!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a happy new year! am soo happy for you! have a safe pregnancy... now you'll be counting 9 months already...:D I will also diligently go to my OB now... hopefully this year is for me too! Stay healthy and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Claire!I wished for a Big Fat Positive last Christmas and I was truly very happy that my wish was granted... Don't you worry, God knows our hopes and desires and for sure, He's listening to you as well. Baby dust to you!

    ReplyDelete

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top