Friday, June 11, 2010

My Thoughts Of Having Kids

I am a woman. I married the man I love, and who loves me back a hundred folds. So they say that when two people fall in love with each other at the right time and place, nature tells us they will build a family soon.

37375_128733310492320_100000669564399_208250_8125613_n
Falling in love.
Weddings.
Kids.
Family.
Happy ever after.


At least, that is how people say the sequence should be.


We are a happy couple, at least I could say it now. Four years and counting after that celebration of wedding cakes and beautiful balloons, we are yet to explore the world of having kids.


Time and again, I would hear the question of when the little one would come - and time and time again, officemates, classmates and friends even those younger than I am are becoming mothers. Some have joys in their hearts. Some aren't as glad as you would normally expect them to be.


But that does not made me less happier. I am happy.


I find myself blessed with such a life. I find myself blessed with such a man in my life. Some may think I am incomplete, but I don't. Some say it can be unhappy, but I don't see and feel it the way they do.


How many women my age are still looking for the right man in their lives?
How many women my age are having kids without a father?
How many women my age are breaking their backs to find something to feed their children?
How many women my age are not yet settled with their lives because they are still sending siblings to school?


How many wives are restless when they are left to tend to their children alone when their husbands are out for a drinking spree with their friends?
How many wives are forced to stay at home, take care of their children and forget about their promising careers?
How many wives are helpless to find their husbands having an affair with others?
And how many wives are abused?


I don't find it happier to be in their place. Nobody has a perfect life. We do have our share of problems and "don't-haves". One man's happiness is not another's happiness as well.
I say, happiness comes from within you, and not from what you have or how little or how much you have on this earth.


Everything is temporary. You can never have something and someone and own it forever.
Even the people around you will not be there for you forever. Time and time again, you will lose them, or they will lose you - whichever comes earlier.


Our laundry woman once told me a child can take care of you when you get old. I say, you can't even tell if your child will die earlier than you do.


Indeed, it is in appreciating what you have and being contented and happy with what you have, how little it may be, that brings true happiness in life.


Even if you want everything, there is always a reason and a purpose why you can't have something... and that is to make you the person that you are meant to be.


Technorati Tags: ,

-XOXO-

2 comments:

  1. inspiring :) thanks for sharing this moment. infertility seems to run in one side of our family and i never really knew how they felt..eventually, adoption became their next best option. since then, the family has opened doors for other children. they have thought us a lot and our lives will never be the same without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Leah. that's a touching story. i too was raised in a family where my parents adopted two of my orphaned cousins and they have become my sisters and it feels really good that they also considered me their elder sister. indeed, it makes life more wonderful and fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top